When wearing prescribed eyewear or sunglasses to protect our eyes during outdoor activities, dropping or losing them are devastating incidents. Besides, we would not want the eyewear shifting or sliding down uncontrollably and lead to compromised vision when highly focusing on a specific task.
Thus, it is highly recommended that we should equip our pair with the best eyewear retainer that keeps it in place. Such an accessory can be a fashion statement that shows our unique style.
For both secure and fashion purposes, there are numerous items available for you to pick from. And below is the list of some widely-loved retainers and helpful guides at your disposal. Dig in to explore all the best options.
Chums Original Retainer
|– Comfortable retainer made of 100% cotton|
|– Standard sizing for different glass frame|
|– Durable item that is machine-washable|
NETTEMPT Glasses Straps
|– Features adjustable straps and anti-slip hooks for easy wear|
|– Ideal for various activities: hiking, biking, skiing, etc|
|– Stylish and modern design with dual slides and without tails|
HALF CRESCEN Original
|– Customizable length for temple fitting and neck fitting|
|– Anti-slip retainer for running, jumping, biking, and more|
|– Grips tightly on the glass temples|
Table of Contents
- Best Eyewear Retainer Reviews
- 1. Chums Original Cotton Eyewear Retainer
- 2. NETTEMPT Glasses Straps Eyewear Retainer
- 3. HALF CRESCEN Original Glasses Straps
- 4. MOLDERP Sport Eyeglass Strap Holder
- 5. Luxe Performance Cable Strap
- 6. EAONE Glasses Strap Eyewear Retainer
- 7. SMARTTOP Eyeglass Ear Grips Hook
- 8. DriftFish Floating Sunglass Strap
- 9. Cablz Monoz Eyewear Retainer
- 10. SCWJTF Premium Nylon Eyewear Retainers
- 11. TOMAPANR Neoprene Glasses Strap
- 12. Croakies Terra Spec Eyewear Retainer
- What to Look for When Buying Eyewear Retainers?
- How Do Eyewear Retainers Work?
- How Do You Keep Your Glasses on During Sports?
- How Do You Wear an Eyewear Retainer?
- How Do I Keep My Glasses from Sliding Down My Nose?
Best Eyewear Retainer Reviews
1. Chums Original Cotton Eyewear Retainer
Since 1983, Chums has provided quality and convenient accessories for finishing, paddling, skiing, and various outdoor activities. Among the retainers that the brand is proud of, I adore their Original Cotton Standard model the best.
Of course, I am not the only one vouching for this user-friendly Chums eyewear retainer. Thousands of buyers appreciate its comfortable material, allowing them to wear their sunglasses for a long time without irritation. The application of 100% cotton is the secret behind this accessory that supports the journey of many hikers.
The key for a product that is widely loved must be flexibility. While this strap is designed to fit all standard-sized glass frames, it can be adjusted to embrace people’s heads with ease. Just move the small bead on the retainer slightly, then you can enjoy the best fit.
You can wear this one to face challenges from all weather conditions, including rains, snow, glaring sun, you name it. At the end of the day, we can toss the piece into the washing machine and let it do the job. Since this USA-made product is durable enough to withstand frequent use, you can rely on it for a long while.
- Comfortable retainer made of 100% cotton
- Standard sizing for different glass frames
- Adjustable sunglasses strap with a bead to fit around our heads
- A USA-made piece withstanding rains, snow, glaring sun, etc
- Durable item that is machine-washable
- Comes at a reasonable price
- A simple cloth in black, not very stylish
2. NETTEMPT Glasses Straps Eyewear Retainer
If you want a no-tail strap for glasses, this NETTEMPT eyewear retainer would be an amazing companion for you.
In a valuable package, you get two sunglass keepers, four holders, and one lens-cleaning cloth. What more could I say about this product other than recommending you to enjoy versatile uses from it. Plus, this set is among the retainer products that any buyer can afford.
With this easy-to-adjust strap featuring soft and anti-slip hooks, you can wear your sunglasses to run without the pair sliding down. I appreciate the well-fitted item, as it is suitable for various activities, including biking, skiing, climbing, etc. Plus, if you want your sunglasses to hang around your neck, just loosen its holder a bit.
Fashion-wise, this item can add a nice touch to your stylish sunglasses. It comes in black color yet features dual slides for a modern and sleek look. Such a refined design is ideal for people who do not want their ponytail to get tangled up while jumping and running.
Furthermore, the brand offers a 6-month refund policy if you are not satisfied with the purchase. They are confident about the product’s lightweight yet sturdy construction. Luckily, I do not have to resort to this solution since the glasses strap delivers those functions well.
- A valuable pack of 2 sunglass keepers, 4 holders, and 1 cleaning cloth
- Features adjustable straps and anti-slip hooks for easy wear
- Ideal for various activities: hiking, biking, skiing, etc
- Stylish and modern design with dual slides and without tails
- Comes with a 6-month refund policy
- A lightweight yet sturdy construction
- Not fit well on glasses arms with thick ends
3. HALF CRESCEN Original Glasses Straps
Have a look at a creative collection of HALF CRESCEN Original Standard End Glasses Straps. I am sure that among these items, the brand has at least one right up your alley.
In one purchase, you can receive multiple pieces of different colors that serve as a beautiful keeper of your sunglasses. Feel free to mix and match this braided rope with any glasses and outfit choices to showcase your uniqueness.
Notably, the accessory’s versatility shows in the color variety and also in its customizable fit. If you want the eyewear to stay put or hang from your neck, just adjust it to the correct length.
Not only this sunglass chain is perfect for all head shapes and sizes, but it also works wonders for all kinds of activities. You can rely on this piece’s anti-slip feature to enjoy running, jumping, and biking without your glasses falling or sliding out of place. In truth, the accessory will also grip tightly on the glass temples once attached to them.
I appreciate that wearing this item brings excellent comfort and peace of mind. It is made of elastic spandex/nylon material, which is soft and stretchy enough for comfortable wear.
- A beautiful braided rope comes in multiple pieces and different colors
- Customizable length for temple fitting and neck fitting
- Anti-slip retainer for running, jumping, biking, and more
- Grips tightly on the glass temples
- Comfortable, soft, and stretchy spandex/nylon material
- Not wide enough to accommodate a glass frame with large temples
4. MOLDERP Sport Eyeglass Strap Holder
I assume many of us do not enjoy a hanging sunglass neck strap because it’s too bulky in many situations. If that’s the case for you, check out the MOLDERP Sport Eyeglass Strap Holder.
Without long tails that might get in the way of your work and study, this small item is sufficient for daily use. It comes with an anti-slip feature that grips onto the glasses’ arms tightly. Once installed, the holder can ensure no falling even with a kid’s active activities.
The most common concern about such a design is whether it is comfortable enough to wear for hours on end. I can assure you that this soft retainer causes no irritation or soreness. Thanks to the high-quality silicone material, users can barely feel the holder’s presence after putting it on and starting work.
Another great thing about this neat piece is its compatibility with various eyewear, sunglasses, reading glasses, etc. As a result, anyone with a pair of standard sizing can utilize this ear grip comfortably.
Furthermore, you can get a package of different color options. It can be either 12 pieces of just black or white pieces or a mixture of colorful ear holders in yellow, pastel pink, etc. Thus, these assortments can be a delightful gift for kids and adults alike.
- Best sunglass holders in small size and without cumbersome tails
- Has anti-slip feature for active activities of kids
- Causes no irritation or soreness due to the soft and high-quality silicone material
- Compatible with various eyewear types of standard sizing
- Comes in a package of 12 pieces; colors are optional
- Not as slim as some buyers might want
5. Luxe Performance Cable Strap
This next lovely accessory can minimize glasses shifting, thus giving us a pleasant time wearing sunglasses for outdoor sports. Check out the Luxe Performance Cable Strap to see how it delivers those benefits.
I fell in love with the Luxe clear model, as it features transparent tails that can be hidden in my hair. Such a delicate design allows me to style my dyed hair with confidence. Also, the brand offers the Fish black and Luxe black version with a small signature image that differs them.
The most important thing when opting for a sunglass lanyard is a secure and comfortable fit. With this product, you are guaranteed a full 13.5-inch cable strap for easy adjusting. Plus, due to its excellent slide mechanism, the holder stays put on your head, allowing you to run and bounce around with utmost ease.
Due to the long and comfortable cable, this one comes in handy in various activities. You can wear it to go fishing, run, hike, climb, and even swim. After long hours of outdoor sports, you would not feel irritated or pressured by the item whatsoever.
If you are hesitant to try such a cable-style holder for the first time, please know that the brand offers a lifetime craftsmanship replacement policy for lost or broken issues.
- Offers three stylish models: Luxe clear, Luxe black, and Fish black
- Brings a secure fit with a fully adjustable 13.5-inch cable
- Excellent slide mechanism that allows a tight hold around your head
- Usable for various outdoor sports activities
- Ensures comfortable wear for long hours
- Comes with a lifetime craftsmanship replacement
- Does not fit well on an ultra-thin eyewear frame
- Al bit more expensive than usual eyewear holders
6. EAONE Glasses Strap Eyewear Retainer
An accessory that can be both a secure holder and a fashion statement is the EAONE Glasses Strap Eyewear Retainer. I am pleased to have such a nice item for daily use.
What this eyeglass lanyard catches most buyers’ attention must be its colorful patterns. When checking out the brand’s collection, greeting you are multiple cotton straps with different styles. And, in one package, you will get 1o of these beautiful pieces that add color and cuteness to your outfit.
More importantly, these holders are made of coarse cotton – a lightweight material that offers anti-skid and sweat-absorbent features. That means users can enjoy both security and comfort when putting on one of these items.
You would be surprised to know how durable these stylish lanyards are. They can handle different weather conditions without being torn out too soon.
Regarding the size, each lanyard is around 27 inches long and 0.4 inches wide. Also, it comes with a rubber loop to attach to your glasses and a stainless coil to adjust the length. Thus, it allows breezy adjustment for any applications; either you want to hang the glasses around your neck or wear them to avoid sun rays to hike, run, etc.
- Comes in 10 pieces with beautiful and colorful patterns
- Made of coarse cotton – a lightweight, anti-skid, and sweat-absorbent material
- Long-lasting eyewear lanyard that stands up to weather
- Measures 27 inches long and 0.4 inches wide for flexible adjusting
- Features a rubber loop and stainless coil for a secure attach
- Not suitable for super-thick glass arms
7. SMARTTOP Eyeglass Ear Grips Hook
As the name suggests, the SMARTTOP Anti-Slip Ear Grips will stay put on your sunglasses until the end. Also, if you are a fan of simple and compact straps, do not miss out on trying this one.
We can never go wrong with ear hooks in black or clear shade. Along with the color, its small dimension of 1.38 inches x 0.6 inches allows easy hiding. This item will not get in the way of you styling your hair beautifully or putting on a helmet and other protective headwear.
And I think it is more convenient to shop for multiple-pack of these items to share among friends or for your later use. So, after stocking a set of 10 pairs, I can go out wearing my prescribed glasses with confidence.
To choose the right hook that will not lose our precious eyewear, we need to make sure the piece is slip-resistant. Fortunately, this one can cater to such needs, as it is a special silicone product made for a tight grip without sliding.
Furthermore, wearing this pair of hooks is no trouble since it is very comfortable and lightweight. After some minutes, you will forget these grips exist and be engrossed in your work without hesitancy.
- Simple ear hooks in a black and clear shade
- Small dimension of 1.38 inches x 0.6 inches for easy hiding
- Comes in a multiple-pack of 10 pairs
- Slip-resistant eyeglass holders made of silicone
- Comfortable and lightweight items
- Silicone pieces that require frequent cleaning if you have oily hair and skin
8. DriftFish Floating Sunglass Strap
Ever drop your prescribed glasses constantly while swimming in a pool or under the rain? To make sure such incidents never occur again, it’s time to go for the DriftFish Floating Sunglass Strap.
Two words that come to my mind when describing this accessory must be buoyant and unique. Other than the black model that suits people who love a simple design, the neon green and neon orange pieces will definitely make wearers stand out. Plus, its material is fade-resistant, thus maintaining a highly-visible look for a long time.
It’s worth noting that this product offers a super-secure hold around your eyewear arms. That means it goes all the way to the temples and holds tightly to avoid falling incidents. You can rest assured that jumpy movements will not knock your glasses down any minute.
Best of all, this accessory is made out of soft woven fabric, promoting optimal comfort and relaxing for all-weather wear. Such a material is also waterproof, so your eyewear frame is also well-protected against rains, pool water, and saltwater.
If you want to adjust its fit, just slide the bead smoothly until you feel its hold around your ear and head nicely. For your information, this whole piece is 15 inches long, so it goes well with any head shapes and sizes.
- Buoyant neon green and neon orange pieces and basic black model
- Fade-resistant for long-lasting visibility
- Offers a secure hold all the way to the glass temples
- Soft woven strap for comfortable and relaxing wear
- Waterproof fabric for eyewear protection against rains, pool water & salt water
- Easy to adjust its 15-inch length to fit any head sizes
- A bit bulkier than the common cable-style holder
9. Cablz Monoz Eyewear Retainer
Another flexible and stylish item for you to add to your collection is the Cablz Monoz Eyewear Retainer. I am delighted with my investment in this pair since it shows superb use in daily activities.
The brand claims that this product is built for adventures, and I stand by their statement. It does not matter if you need the holder for hiking and climbing mountains or boating and kayaking in the river; this sturdy monofilament cable can help. It can withstand harsh and frequent use thanks to the durable single-piece construction.
Adjustability is always a must when choosing the best eyewear retainer. In this specific model, such a function allows quick and easy customizing with its double beads. You can rely on this one to fit any head shape and size.
Many runners and hikers deem this model the best sunglass strap that offers them unparalleled comfort. Due to the off-the-neck design that it carries, the piece does not touch the user’s neck and causes irritation. Thus, you can run miles after miles without feeling the strap scratching your skin.
The good news for all users with a standard eyeglass frame is this design’s broad compatibility. Its monofilament cable structure goes well with different glasses types, ensuring no difficulty in installation and taking off.
- Durable single-piece construction built for adventures
- A stylish monofilament cable for eyewear
- Great adjustability with double beads to fit all heads
- Delivers optimal comfort with off-the-neck design
- Goes with all standard eyeglass frames
- A rather hefty price tag, compared to common eyewear retainers
10. SCWJTF Premium Nylon Eyewear Retainers
For user’s peace of mind, this set of SCWJTF Premium Nylon Eyewear Retainers brings double the protection. In detail, you can get both strap and slip ear grips to ensure no glasses sliding.
This retainer’s total length never ceases to amaze me, which it offers a 25.6-inch cable for flexible use. Anyone can feel comfortable wearing this lanyard, as it allows free customization to all neck and head sizes.
Furthermore, the brand uses high-quality nylon to construct this long strap and premium silicone for its buckle. As a result, the whole piece is sturdy enough to endure pressure well without deformation.
Yet, the most stand-out function of this product must be high-elastic anti-slide buckles. They are designed to grip firmly on the glass’s temples after proper adjustment. Once attached to the parts, these buckles refuse to slip, no matter how significant your movements are.
If those incredible features are still not enough for you, know that the brand includes two pairs of silicone ear grips for extra security. You can enjoy both types of retainers while joining sports like swimming, etc. Plus, use the included superior cleaning cloth for lenses as you please.
- Offers a 25.6-inch cable for flexible use on all neck and head sizes
- High-quality nylon strap and premium silicone buckle for durable use
- High-elastic anti-slide buckles grip firmly on the glasses temples
- Includes two pairs of ear grips for extra security
- Comes with a high-quality cleaning cloth for lenses
- Not very fashionable, with a simple and low-profile design
11. TOMAPANR Neoprene Glasses Strap
If you value comfort and a secure fit when purchasing your best eyeglass retainer, look no further than the TOMAPANR Neoprene Glasses and Sunglasses Strap.
This accessory is incredibly soft and elastic, ideal for long-hour wear around our neck. In truth, the strap is made of high-quality neoprene – known for its use in water sports. If you desire a product that supports your outdoor activities for an extended time, I think this one is a great match.
It is unlikely that we lose our glasses after installing and utilizing this strap. Since it connects tightly to the glass arms and wraps around our head in a proper fit, we can comfortably join active games. When not in use, your spectacles can be left hanging around your neck without falling.
One more thing pleasing me about this retainer is that it comes in a package of six colors. For different activities, it is fun to pick one from the assortment of black, green, or red shades that match your eyewear and outfit. At such an affordable price, I suppose such an investment is cost-effective for people who love adventures.
- A soft and elastic accessory that is ideal for long-hour wear
- High-quality neoprene material – commonly used in water sports
- Connects tightly to the glass arms and wraps properly around our head
- Allows the spectacles to stay around the user’s neck when not in use
- Comes in a set of 6 pieces in 6 colors at a reasonable price
- A bit bulky, thus not ideal for fashionable buyers
12. Croakies Terra Spec Eyewear Retainer
The final sought-after piece that receives rave reviews from buyers is the Croakies Terra Spec Eyewear Retainer. I am lucky to have two pieces of different colors in my collection, which I use for holding sunglasses when hiking.
This one is among the longer straps available for users who want flexible holder length. We can customize its 24-inch cable until it wraps nicely around our head, using its effortless bead-mechanism.
Yet, what makes Croakies eyewear retainer stand out among numerous market products must be its super tough material. In fact, the premium accessory is constructed out of woven climbing rope that can handle significant pressure over time. So, endless pulling and stretching will not deform this item easily.
Needless to say, such a sturdy cable can withstand fading under frequent sun rays exposure. If you wash them with soap to eliminate the sweat smell or road dust, they will neither fade nor crack.
It’s such a delight to know how widely compatible the holder is with various eyewear. Any pair of sunglasses or prescribed spectacles can accommodate this retainer without hassle. It is possible thanks to the design of its interchangeable ends – a smart touch of the brand to deliver a universal fit.
- Flexible holder measuring 24 inches
- Has bead-mechanism for effortless length customizing
- A robust woven climbing rope that withstands pressure
- Study cable promotes no fading and cracking over time
- Compatible with various eyewear due to interchangeable ends
- Costs a little more than multiple-pack holders
What to Look for When Buying Eyewear Retainers?
Usually, we either want a glass retainer for sports, work, or daily wear. Different demands lead us to choose a specific type of product that suits our needs. So, among the numerous options available, we should know our requirements, then match them with the item’s functions to see if it suffices.
Type – If you need something to keep your eyewear in place while in an active sports game, it is best to go for a slip-free design. We recommend you go for the holders with a typing design that goes all the way to the frame temples. That way, you can comfortably jump, run, and bounce around without worry.
An eyewear retainer that is suitable for work should be one with a proper fit. You should not let your glasses fall while performing, as it’s dangerous with compromised vision. Hence, make sure to stick with either a well-fitted cable-style item or a tubbing one.
For daily wear that requires ultimate comfort and minimal bulkiness, a pair of ear hooks would be a fantastic accessory. The piece is super lightweight and low-profile, as it comes with no tail that irritates your neck skin. Plus, such a pair is simple and small, allowing effortless attaching and storing.
Fit and comfort – It is important that you check the product dimensions to make sure it is compatible with your glasses. Some items work wonders on pairs with slim arms; others are ideal for thicker frames. Of course, there are universal pieces that support all standard eyewear, which lessen the trouble about perfect sizing for you.
Either we handle tasks or perform sports games, or simply run or hike, we all prefer comfortable retainers that do not disturb our activities. If you go for an eyewear strap, make sure you choose soft and non-toxic material that does not irritate your skin.
Premium silicone can be a good material for ear hooks since those items do not touch our skin that much. Meanwhile, people love woven-fabric floating retainers that absorb the sweat due to long-hour work or run under the sun.
Stretchy items made of nylon/spandex material are common, too. You can rely on these elastic holders to enjoy the anti-slip effect and comfortable wear for an extended time. Such pieces are excellent at offering adjustability, too.
Style – Eyewear retainers are not just a protective item; they can be a decorative accessory for many people. Some of us pay big bucks for our sunglasses; we deserve a nice-looking or even bold design that shows our unique self.
Suppose you seek a sleek eyewear retainer for Oakley glasses or sunglass retainers for Ray Bans high-end eyewear. Then, a slim no-tail item in cable style would be an excellent choice. Besides, Oakley also offers many stylish eyewear leashes for you to consider.
How Do Eyewear Retainers Work?
An eyewear retainer comes with adjustable length, ranging from 15 inches to 27 inches or even longer. Such an impressive size allows users to fit the item around their head without suffocating or irritation.
Most traditional glasses holders come with a bead for people to shorten the strap to their liking. Of course, after customizing the length, these items will still have a long tail around your neck and head, which can be bothersome for some work or sports games.
In that case, we have smaller and more innovative designs such as an over-the-neck strap or ear hooks. Those are ideal choices for users who do not want this item to touch their skin.
Overall, the eyewear retainer targets people who need to secure their sunglasses or prescribed spectacles in place while carrying different activities. They can also serve as an accessory that decorates our beautiful and stylish sunglasses.
How Do You Keep Your Glasses on During Sports?
If you want some simple tips on how to keep your glasses on during a football match or biking tournament, this information might be helpful:
- You can use anti-slip wax, which is formulated to stick your glasses to your nose. As it comes in between the eyewear frame and your skin, it can prevent the pair from falling off during your sudden movements.
- Over-the-glass eyewear is another option that keeps your prescribed spectacles in place while you play sports. The item wraps around your pair, providing a shield that minimizes shifting and sliding. However, such a purchase can cost you pretty much money, if you go for a high-quality one.
- Lastly, opting for a bang-for-the-buck glasses retainer is perfect. This type of holder is much cheaper than over-the-glass eyewear. At the same time, it comes with many styles and designs that offer a comfortable fit. You can also easily attach and store them when needed.
You often wear glasses when playing sports, you will probably also be interested in our list of non-prescription glasses. Furthermore, check our reviews about the bifocal safety glasses if you need
How Do You Wear an Eyewear Retainer?
Wearing an eyewear retainer is not rocket science, as we can simply put the piece onto our glass arms and make sure it fits nicely. Then, we put the glasses with the retainer on, adjust the item’s length until it wraps properly around our head. Once you feel comfortable and secure, you are good to go.
How Do I Keep My Glasses from Sliding Down My Nose?
The important thing is you must choose a pair of glasses that fit your face perfectly, so you are worried less about it sliding down, or worse falling off. Then, you can equip the pair with silicone nose pads that create more friction to prevent the eyewear from shifting uncontrollably.
Other than that, anti-slip wax is a great idea to keep the eyewear steady to your nose for a limited time. You can also go for a pair of ear hooks, which are designed to be compact and convenient to keep your flashes in place.
Purchasing the best eyewear retainer for your glasses is a breeze, whether you are in Canada, America, or anywhere around the globe, as we have many reliable e-commercial sites that offer us high-quality and fashionable options.
The only thing you need to do is to select the right item that secures your glasses nicely for your daily activities. Hopefully, our list and a quick guide can help with your final decision.
Hi, I am Alexander, forty-seven years old this year. I have been in the construction industry for twenty-five years and have provided a wide range of services. When it comes to expert guidance on site safety gear, you can put your trust in me.