When you go to the optical store for a customized prescription glasses, it usually takes 1 – 3 weeks for the pair to be ready. However, the time can vary, depending on the requirements of your order. All the determining factors can be product frames to the type of lenses and the protection level.
But most of the time, the order can arrive a few days sooner than that, if you wonder: “How long does it take for prescription glasses to be ready?”
Table of Contents
How Long Will We Have to Wait for Prescription Glasses to Come in
The long-awaited glasses will come to you once the making process is finished, and it depends on the complexity of the whole pair.
Orders at optical stores
Two weeks is the most common period for all the best optical stores around the country. Of course, there are cases of simple orders rated as a priority that the store will ship to you around 7 – 10 days. Here’s more detailed information as you place your order at these best shops:
- For orders form LensCrafters, it will take from 3 to 14 days to finish
- Visionworks always seem take the longest, as it is about 14 days
- Pearle Vision often sends order after 1 to 2 weeks
- Target Optical takes a week to process
- America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses make the product ready within 7 – 10 business days
This time frame does not count the shipping period. So, if the store is near our place, you can have the pair within a day or two.
Still, it would be better if you go to the store to pick the pair up yourself. This allows you to test the fit and vision of the glasses once again. In case of any discomfort or headaches, you can request adjustment right away.
Orders at online retailers
Online orders for prescription glasses will take longer than having your pair made by local stores. And it is primarily because of the shipping period. As we look around the market, some orders take nearly 3 weeks to reach your place. Here’re some of the recommended and reliable online retailers that you might want to check out:
- Zenni Optical: This store offers ultra-low prices yet high-quality glasses, ranging from $19 to $150 for different prescription specs lenses. Their orders take 2 – 3 weeks to finish, including the shipping period.
- Liingo Eyewear: You can visit the retailer to enjoy free in-home frame trials and an incredible return policy. Their glasses are on the expensive side, but stand out with exceptional service of a two-month refund. The customizing and shipping process often takes 2 weeks.
- EyeBuyDirect: It is another affordable online retailer with numerous options for prescription specs, ranging from $13 to $233. For different frames and lenses, the price will vary. Notably, they offer a 2-week refund, which is quite impressive. Also, the pair will come to you after 1 or 2 weeks.
- Coastal: This is where you visit to get a different-style prescription, progressive, and blue-light blockers at the starting price of $9. Their design is modern and refreshing, which suits students and young buyers. Their making process takes 2 – 9 days and around a week to ship.
Orders from optometrists
When we go to the eye doctor to have our eyes checked and prescribed, we get to measure the exact frames, too. As we choose the suitable design and lens types, it is time for the purchase to proceed. But, it will also take from 1 to 2 weeks for the whole piece to be made, pretty similar to vision store orders.
Why is the Process so Long
We might get used to the fast-delivering world we live in, as our orders often appear at the doorstep within 2 -3 days for local shops and 1 – 2 weeks for international purchase.
But, the lens-making process takes time to complete, from the shape molding to fit the frame to shaving down for the correct prescription proportion. Also, other features such as progressive lenses, UV coatings, polarized filters will indeed prolong the manufacturing.
Now that you get the information on “how long does it take for prescription glasses to be ready”, hopefully, you can patiently wait for a week or two to get your orders in hand. A brand new and high-quality pair matching your style will be worth the wait.
Also, we will answer any question related to this matter; just reach out to us. Have a good day!
Hi, I am Alexander, forty-seven years old this year. I have been in the construction industry for twenty-five years and have provided a wide range of services. When it comes to expert guidance on site safety gear, you can put your trust in me.