A belt always comes in 2 sections: a buckle and a strap. A belt buckle is a necessary component for fastening 2 ends of the strap. Aside from helping the pants embrace your waist snugly, the buckle contributes to your look as well.
How to put a belt buckle on a belt depends on your desired appearance. You can add a subtle highlight to your belt by choosing ornament buckles. In other cases, you can also swap different types of clasps to match your outfits.
In this post, we’ll show you ways to attach a belt buckle regardless of your purpose.
Table of Contents
Ways to Put a Belt Buckle on a Belt
Before digging into belt buckle attachment, we’ll go through “how do belt buckles work”. A basic belt buckle includes 3 parts: a frame, a bar, and a prong installed on one end of the belt.
- The frame decides the appearance of the buckle and holds the rest of the components.
- The prong acts as a fork to thread through a belt hole and secure it.
- Lastly, the bar plays an important role in keeping the strap in place.
What Type of Belt Buckles?
Belt buckles come in various styles and patterns matching all outfits and occasions. Based on the kind of belt for belt buckle, you can select an ideal item for it. Let’s walk you through the most common buckle types to choose from.
- Box frame buckle: To thread a belt through the hollow box frame buckle, you need to open the clasp. Once the strap embraces your body well, you will clasp the metal post on the buckle to secure it. It pairs perfectly with men’s casual looks.
- Dress buckle: Instead of going with normal pants, this kind will add impressive accents to dresses thanks to its glossy look. Dress buckles feature a flatter, compact, and round design. We’d suggest you wear those with a leather strap.
- Ratchet style buckle: This buckle doesn’t need holes to lock your belt. It is equipped with a ratchet-like system to tighten it. You can pick it for everyday or special events.
- Plate buckle: You can decorate your plate buckle as you wish with gemstones or diamonds. After that, you will detach it to a snap-on belt and wear it normally. Because of their ornament features, these are a favorite accessory for wrestlers and cowboys.
- Formal buckle: The design consists of basic parts: frame and prong. After pulling the strap through the buckle, you will secure it by puncturing a hole in the strap with the prong.
- D or O-ring Buckle: You can loosen or tighten the belt with 2 D or O rings until reaching your desired size. Both men and women can wear this style.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Put a Belt Buckle on Any Belt?
The answer is no. Belt buckles are produced in a wide range of sizes and patterns. Moreover, not all clasps pair well with belt materials.
For instance, while frame buckles are perfect for leather, O or D-ring usually go with canvas. Hence, in order to wear the buckle in most cases, you should choose the item which can suit different belts.
How Do You Put a Cowboy Belt Buckle on a Regular Belt?
Cowboy belt buckles are classified as plate-style ones. The belt usually going with this style is detachable with snaps or studs. That said, you can follow option 1 of the way to insert the buckle into a normal belt and apply it to the cowboy one.
Learning how to put a belt buckle on a belt allows you to customize your belt easily as long as you have an available belt and proper-size buckles. Despite its compact design, it can transform your normal look into a fashionable one.
Now, you don’t need to invest a bulk of money in buying different belts. Swapping the belt buckle is to kill 2 birds with one stone. Hope you will succeed in changing the buckle.
Read more topics related to tool belts:
This is Edward Manning, the editor in chief of Construction Informer. Quite a bit of my time is spent researching the market and interviewing experts in the field so that I can give you reliable information.