A microfiber cloth is a must-have for a pair of glasses, either to correct your vision or protect against working hazards. But then, bringing along the piece to clean off dirt and smudges takes a toll on the cloth over time. And at the end of the day or week, we have to take care of the cloth for it to be clean enough to take care of our glasses.
That’s why we need to know how to clean microfiber glasses cloth. We can shake the dust off it then wash it by hand when necessary. Some high-quality pieces allow washing machines once in a while. It’s our call.
Table of Contents
What We Need to Clean the Microfiber Cloth?
First of all, we have to prepare some items before cleaning. Luckily, we will go by a guide that requires simple pieces that you might have lying around your house already. So, here are what should be on the table:
- A cup of vinegar. We often use this as an ingredient for cooking, so hopefully, you have a vinegar bottle in your household. If not, do not fret. You can use shampoo or hand soap instead.
- Two bowls. You do not necessarily need to prepare a large bowl, not when you only clean several pieces of microfiber for glasses. So, two bowls in small sizes are adequate.
- A lens spray cleaner. Since you wear a pair of glasses, it would be good to clean the microfiber cloth and your lens. If you do not have a lens cleaner, make sure to put it on the shopping list next time. Or else, you can use the blue dawn dish soap instead.
A Step-By-Step Guide
- Shake your pieces of microfiber cloth first to eliminate dust sticking on its surface.
- Put some vinegar, shampoo, or hand soap in the bowl, whichever kind of cleaning agent you have. Be careful not to put too much as you only need to clean a small piece of fabric.
- Then put the eyeglass cloth in the bowl, gently scrubbing the piece in the liquid to get rid of smudges, oils, and other specks of dirt clinging on it.
- Take the cleaning cloth out of the liquid, then squeeze it. Then, fill another bowl with warm water and rub the cloth again to get rid of the vinegar.
- Put the piece out after you squeeze all the water out of it. Then lay the microfiber cloth flat and spray it with the eye cleaner, on both sides, of course.
- Afterward, put the cloth on a hanger, then wait for it to dry at room temperature. There is no need to dry it quickly, especially when you are not in a hurry.
Things We Should Remember While Washing Microfiber Towels for Glasses
As we know, bleach is not an all-kill solution that we can use to eliminate all our problems with dirt.
As soon as we get a hand on it without a proper guide and use, we might destroy our precious items around the house, especially cleaning cloths. This applies to microfiber cleaners for glasses, as they can be destroyed upon the use of bleaches.
Fabric softeners also get a no when it comes to cleaning microfiber cloth. They can lodge into the textiles and damage their ability to absorb dirt, oils, and moisture. That means we can no longer have our effective and high-quality cleaning piece if we soak it in fabric softeners.
Also, if you have to use the dryer, just in case you are in a hurry and ALL the pieces are dirty, you can turn the dryer on, but make sure to keep the heat at medium or a little below the medium temperatures.
Can We Wash Microfiber for Glasses Using the Washing Machine?
You can put your pieces of microfiber cleaning cloth in the washing machine if the guide for the product allows it. That means only pieces with machine-washable features can tolerate the power of the machine without reducing their performance.
There are two things to note about this: you should sort all the cleaning cloths first before you put them into the washing machines to avoid mixing up colors and absorbing dirt from your clothes. The other thing is avoiding laundry detergent and fabric softener. Turn on the gentle cycle, and they will be fine.
It is not rocket science to learn how to clean microfiber glasses cloth. The items you should get for the task are all easy to find, and it just takes you some minutes when you wash them by hand.
But do not forget to be gentle and careful in the process. Last but not least, if you do not have eyeglasses cleaning spray, remember to get one to clean both your glasses and microfiber cloth.
Hi, I am Alexander, forty-seven years old this year. I have been in the construction industry for twenty-five years and have provided a wide range of services. When it comes to expert guidance on site safety gear, you can put your trust in me.